me

me

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Cake for Harry

As School for Charlie finished at lunchtime due to her going on the ski trip, she had lots of time to make the cake for Harry.

 Harry is our lovely Dutch neighbour who helps us out when ever I’m stuck.  Over the last 6 years he has been like a dad to me and another grandfather to my girls.  He is simply wonderful and was over the moon when Charlotte gave him her Coffee Victoria Sponge.  He and his family enjoyed the cake so much that he asked her to bake a cake for his brother’s birthday.

Harry with Charlotte and his Cake

 Charlie decided that for a birthday, she would make a chocolate cake – well everyone likes chocolate on a birthday don’t they?

Harry was delighted with the cake and even paid Charlie 5 euros – she was equally delighted – is this the start of something big?


Chocolate Victoria Sponge - with a cherry on top!



No comments:

Post a Comment